Thursday, October 3, 2013

Nice Nice!



It has been a while, I think so much of what I experience here now is normal and not out of the ordinary for me that I don’t think other people would care.  It could be also that other people just wouldn’t care anyways so it doesn’t matter what I put here.
I have found a new tailor and we have built a great relationship, he knows what I like and he does a great job.  He is very fast and reliable.  Many service providers here will give you a finish date for a product or service that is at a time they believe will make you happy but it will be completely unattainable for them to reach.  When the date passes and you ask them where your product or service is they will tell you “tomorrow” and then when tomorrow comes they will tell you “tomorrow” again.  With Yonkuba when you ask him “when will my shirts be finished?” he may tell you “I am not busy in 3 days” or “I am very busy next Friday”.  This is what I have come to appreciate about him; I don’t care if it takes a month as long as I know ahead of time it will take that long.  For this service and honesty comes a price which is more than some tailors but I am willing to pay for the service.  
This is some cotton plaid fabric I purchased a year ago in Senegal.  I did get matching shirt and shorts made and yes I wore this in public.  This is probably the only place I could wear this and actually get compliments on how nice I look.  In America people would ask me if I am aware it’s not Halloween for another month.
This fabric is from Guinea Conakry.  It is hand dyed with indigo dye. 
The last picture is me in a meeting, in which I do a lot of now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment