Friday, December 31, 2010

My First Package

I mailed myself some books today and it cost around $13 for an envelope like this and it comes with insurance, just save your receipt and customs form. 

It has to weight under 4lbs and you have to fill out a small customs form (CN22) when you describe the contents (1) be vague like books or school supplies.  This is so the contents won’t get stolen. 

Here are a few more hints about mailing letters and packages
  • It can take a month for them to reach me.
  • Lost letters and packages are not unheard of.
  • Number your letters, it will let me know if I've missed one.
  • Packages may be subject to intense heat, small mammals and theft.
  • Padded envelopes will cost less than boxes.
  • Send postcards in envelopes, as they tend to get lost or stolen.

2 comments:

  1. I read something that suggested writing religious symbols and quotes on packages. People are superstitious.

    ReplyDelete