Saturday, December 25, 2010

One more Peace Corps Paper to fill out...

I received an “Invitee Questionnaire,” yesterday.  This questionnaire is basically the final paper to help determine where exactly I will be placed within The Gambia.  It determines if I will be living near a city or larger town or if I will be living in a rural village.

The first question they ask besides your name is “What kind of setting would you prefer to work and live in?”  I am given a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being a “capital urban area,” and 5 being “village/rural,” I of course put 5 because I would like to be in a more rural area.  A couple of the other questions I was asked are:

“Some activities related to work may be a distance from your house.  How do you feel about riding your bike between your village and into a larger town?” 

“Would you prefer to be posted to a site that has a volunteer nearby (within 5 kilometres) or would you be happy to be more isolated?”

No comments:

Post a Comment