Thursday, June 13, 2013

Trek and stuff

I have been busy busy the last month or so.  I went on a trek for a week, we traveled over 600 miles in 6 days.  We were out developing new sites for new volunteers and checking up on current volunteers.  We were at the last town in the east of the country and came across a hand powered ferry so we loaded up our car and went across below are some pictures of it.
Doing work
Sam eating
Gambian Laundry service
Later in the trek we were traveling near the southern Senegal boarder and came across a sign warning of landmines.  I have been told that in the early 90’s it was more dangerous than it is now.  I think in the two years I have been here three have gone off. 
Landmines
I have been working with The Gambian National Basketball League helping referee league games and the playoff start Monday.  I also helped run the 24 second clock for an international friendly basketball game between Mauritania and The Gambia. 
This past weekend in between refereeing I attended the a soccer game between The Gambia and Ivory Coast that The Gambia lost, it was a fun time despite the poor outcome.
I also have been playing ultimate frisbee twice a week to stay in shape
Frisbee






No comments:

Post a Comment